Monday, May 13, 2013

SPORTSEOLOGY - ALL THINGS SPORTY

I am pleased to initiate my new blog that will feature my opinions about a wide range of sports.  A little about myself: I am a fanatic sports nut, no offense to the nut family.  I love most types of sports.  As a kid, I played soccer, basketball, tennis, snow skiing, swimming, and baseball.  Later in high school, I lettered in soccer and track/field.  As an adult, I've played recreational slow pitch softball, learned (sort of) to play golf, and continue to swim.  I've coached soccer and have been an AYSO Regional Referee for the past 6 years. I am also presently a Director on our local Little League Board and am its Safety Officer.

I have three growing children who play/have played sports: soccer, baseball, flag football, basketball, swimming, gymnastics, and track/cross-country.

I love watching most sports: soccer (see a pattern here), hockey, baseball, football, basketball (college mostly), fast pitch softball, track/field, swimming, Olympics - summer and winter, lacrosse, golf, etc.

What types of issues will I be writing about? Anything I want ... it's my blog.  But, hopefully, my readers will provide good comments back to infuse discussions forward.

You will find I am a fanatic hockey fan!  I am a staunch Anaheim Ducks fan, though I have a soft spot for the LA Kings as well ... possibly because I rooted for the Kings for several years growing up as a kid, and then all the way until 2006, when my wife told me that she would prefer if we didn't have to drive "all the way" to the Staples Center since there was a team in our own backyard, so to speak.  So, I like to think that my changing allegiance cold turkey in 2006 assisted the Ducks capture Lord Stanley's Cup in the 2006-2007 year.  Who knows!  However, unlike many Ducks fans, I am not disheartened by the Kings having won the Cup in 2011-2012, nor do I root against the Kings (unless they are playing the Ducks).

In fact, I like watching hockey - NHL, AHL, NCAA, high school, youth, and adult leagues ... any hockey will do.

And, similar to hockey watching, I'll watch youth, college, and professional baseball, football, basketball, lacrosse, swimming, track/field, golf (yes, it's a sport), cricket, and especially S-O-C-C-E-R!

Play Hard, Cheer Loudly, and most of all Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment